Welcome to Your New web site!
By having this site you agree to the following:
King's College Policy for Publishing on the World Wide Web
NOTE: This is a DYNAMIC Policy and as such should be viewed as an evolving, working document.
Web publishers should aim to make information presented on King's College WWW pages as complete as possible, so that Web pages can become an important source of information about the College for students, faculty, and staff, as well as the wider public.
The King's Web Site is an information resource for both external and internal users. The goals of the Web Site are:
Organization and Administration
1. There will be one primary point of entry to official King's College Web Site--the King's College home page and associated pages. These pages should point to all official King's College pages.
2. All "official" King's College Web pages must be registered with the Public Relations Office. To be registered, there must be an approved page manager responsible for the page. The Public Relations Office will check pages for consistency and adherence to Web policy guidelines.
3. Each WWW page must have a page manager, who is responsible for the information on the page and for making accurate and timely updates. The name and e-mail address of the page manager must appear on the page along with the date the page was last updated.
4. Appropriate security must be maintained for information that is confidential or for internal use only.
5. All official King's College information will be hosted on a designated server.
6. Faculty and staff members, other than official page managers, who are interested in including official college data on their Web pages should not post duplicate information. Instead, they should contact the appropriate page manager to obtain the URL address of the official King's College "data page" and create a link to that page. Official information will be modular in order to encourage others to point to the information rather than duplicating portions.
The Admissions Office is the logical source for current tuition and fees. That office would create an official King's College data page listing current figures. Any other offices which need to provide tuition figures to Web page browsers would create a link titled "Tuition Figures for the Academic Year" and point this to the Admissions Office Page rather than typing the information into their own html documents.
7. To present a unified and consistent image, only the King's graphic image and photographs will be used as the header for official pages. The structure/design of the Web Site will be adjusted as new information is added to facilitate use and to enhance the organization and logic of the Web Site.
8. It is expected that there will be Web pages at King's College which are "unofficial." Any person using the King's College system to publish Web pages will be subject to King's College's standards and accepted practices for responsible computing. Any abuse of these guidelines will be dealt with through normal disciplinary channels and may subject the user to denial of further campus computing privileges.
9. All unofficial home pages must carry the following disclaimer:
"King's College makes its Web server available to members of the King's College community for their possible use and enjoyment but does not necessarily endorse the items published here."
10. Creation and maintenance of unofficial pages are the exclusive responsibility of the clubs, organizations, groups, and/or individuals involved.
11. The provisions of the College's policy on Responsible Use of Information Technology will also apply to all pages.
Top-level pages should contain:
Subsidiary pages should contain
Guidelines for Creating OFFICIAL Pages
Guidelines for Creating UNOFFICIAL Pages
For Administration of your website visit http://builder.kings.edu